Sunday 15 November 2009

FROM THE HEART

Well, so, where do I start? I'm not in the best of moods this evening and have not been in the best moods for day's if not weeks now. I'm not saying I'm depressed, but pretty close to it and on one occasion a few weeks ago I nearly lost it altogether.
For those of you who know me, know over the years I have suffered with this illness on and off and have also been in hospital with it too. Not good, I hated that time of my life and am determined not to go back to that dark place.
A series of events have made me like this, one of them is below.

We moved last year for what we thought was the last time, our plan was to pay off the mortgage, then rent it out and live in our house in Spain. We are very lucky to have two homes, but saying that we have worked hard for them and have never borrowed money off others or got ourselves into large amounts of debt we can't pay back.

All the neighbours were great, we got on with everyone and like most places in the UK now there were people from all over the globe, the mix was great and EVERYONE got on with everyone else and were also very accepting of having two Gay men living on the Estate too, us! We have been known to host one or two parties to which everyone was invited and came too.

The recession hit and everything has gone tits up with the housing market. What I am now going to say may seem racist but read first and make your judgement after. The developer needed money and decided to sell houses through an African agent in Guyana. So what I here you say?

Well, of all the houses occupied, three quarters now have Africans living in them, still so what!
Every single household without exception rents out ALL of the bedrooms and the owners live in the lounges with their families.
So next to us we have a woman with a baby and small child living in one room while she rents out the three bedrooms. There's a five bed house worth over half a million with a den and formal living room occupied by 12 people behind us! The parking is becoming terrible and no one seems to use a tumble dryer as they hang their washing out of the windows to dry and don't even use a washing line!

This was supposed to be a 'prestigious' development which is fast becoming a ghetto. We have all written to the developer who has seen the error of his ways but it's too late. We came home the other evening and were faced with 40 African men all smoking and drinking in the street. Everyone is appalled and we all feel we have been taken for a ride.

So, we are having to move again, we are lucky enough to have sold the house, so fingers crossed we will be out by January.
That's the end of the first part. I will write again tomorrow so I don't bore the tits off you.

PP xxxxx

32 comments:

Saltydawg said...

I've just read what I've written and its all over the place but gives you an indication of how my mind is at the moment.

Angie said...

I'm not surprised at how your mind is! Any body's would be. It's not racist as far as I can see. I mean, after all, if they were people from Africa living in a regular sort of way you wouldn't mind would you?

I would say "Never mind, you'll be out of there soon," but I sense you have more to tell us....

love Angie, xx

Marty said...

Hi Gaz,
On the one hand, I'm glad to hear from you, glad you've posted again but so sorry to hear things aren't going well. Like Angie, I can tell there's a lot more going on, that you'll tell us in the next entry. For now, at least you have some light at the end of the tunnel ... even if that does mean you have to move again.
Best,
Marty

Marie Rayner said...

Oh gosh Gaz! I'm no racist either but I don't think anyone would be happy with this type of thing, no matter who the people were! ((((hugs)))) I hope that this next move is indeed the last time you and your hubby have to move. I'm sending lots of hugs and love your way! Can't wait to see what you have to say next! xxoo

Anonymous said...

OH BLOODY HELL !

(( GAZZY ))

IM SORRY Chap.. Just read my blog.. I think it makes my life look like a piece of cake compaired to what you wrote :(

Hang in there and PLEASE PLEASE go see the dr... Prozac and all that has made me feel SOOO GOOD!

xoxoxox
Christopher

http://life-accordingtochristopher.blogspot.com/

Amy said...

that sucks.... it's like you were thinking about a chocolate shake all day....could barely wait for it....go to a restaurant and order one...and then get served a vanilla shake.

On the up side, there are several houses in my neighborhood for sale....I'll be happy to help you move, and nobody sits outside acting all uncivilized.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to hear that dear!

LYN said...

I AM SO LATE READING THIS..NOW I CAN SEE WHY YOU WANTED OUT...BLESS YOUR HEART...

Franglaise said...

Chin up, just heard you are moving two days before you get here, nothing like a bit of pressure to keep things on their toes!

Don't let it get you down, just not worth it. Think of all the champagne we shall drink over Christmas, the scrummy food, charades, the walks, the fun....
xxx

doogs6 said...

Haven't checked your blog for a little while. I thought you'd disappeared. Glad to see you're back. I must admit I've missed the community aspect of c.heights since I moved (can't believe it's over two years ago now) and it was good to read that you'd found a good new community when you moved. Sorry to hear that it's gone pear-shaped but hopefully your next move will be good.

Unknown said...

My goodness, I'm always late to the party! I had no idea that you had resumed blogging until I read a comment that you left on Christopher's blog.

YOur neighborhood problem is definitely a clash of cultures. We have a similar problem with some immigrant groups that culturally tend to live in extended family groupings. I liked my neighbors in my old apartment complex but it did make me a bit batty that no matter what time of the day it was, there was always a group hanging out in the parking lot to socialize. But I was renting, so I didn't complain. However, now that I'm buying my home, I would be less inclined to say nothing. I don't read your concerns as racist at all, but I do love your sensitivity in even considering the possibility. I see your feelings as just those of a property owner concerned about the value of his property.

BTW, I have a new email address: sheriareid@aol.com. The old one was hacked and abducted, probably by some nerdy fellow with too much time on his hands!

Yasmin said...

Hey living in the UK also i totally understand and your not being racist at all, it's happening all over the place in my street we have the same issue, and it's a pain.

Take care

Yasmin
xx

ShrooMama said...

Oh no! I see this is from few months ago so I hope things are better. I have internet connection I can count on now, so I sent you a FaceBook friend request (from Cind Dee).

It took us over a year to sell that house we had in that certain state that we no longer mention. Horror story. More later.

--Cin

Ally Lifewithally said...

I hope by now you have settled into your new home ~ I am so sorry about the reasons you had to move ~ I am no racist but I too would have to move away from that situation ~ Ally x

Monica said...

I've been gone from the blog for awhile, hadn't seen updates and came to see if you still had the blog.

I'd hate to be in your situation, it sounds so stressful. Hopefully the move is complete and things are looking better for you. Your in my thoughs and prayers.

Zoe said...

Hi hun are you ok? You havent written for a while I hope it all worked out alright,pop over to mine if you get time,if you cant find me ask Mort,hes knows all xxxxxxxx zoe xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Domestic chaos.

Rjet33 said...

Since you haven't posted in a while, don't know if this situation has worked out in your favor or not. Update man! Let us hear from you!

Your Friend,

Susan

Cathy said...

That's not racism that's lifism hitting you in the wallet my salty friend. We got it here too and I could care less if I note to people who ask that I see more dark neighbors who toss garbage in the street than any other color skin. Is that racist? Or just the truth. So you sold the house? Come back and tell us more.

Monae said...

Hi ! I'm sorry to hear that things aren't going well for you. I hope things turn around for you. You could use some good news I'm sure. I hope you get some good things coming to you soon. Do take care and keep those fingers crossed.

Anonymous said...

This topic is simply matchless :), it is interesting to me.

mj said...

Great Post, thanks for compiling! Let the creative and relevant comments begins..

Landscape Lighting Austin, Texas | Austin Auto Accident Lawyer | Seattle Homes

Creative Writer said...

Shimla Tour Packages - Such a nice info..

Dyl said...

Hang in there!

Rjet33 said...

I suffer from depression too. I know how that can be. Haven't heard from you in forever. Do you have Facebook? You didn't write the next day. Haven't updated in several years in fact (has it really been that long?). Hope things are better for you now! Happy New Year!

Susan

Wondering Numbers said...

sorry to hear that. I moved into a small apartment once, and I thought it would be a good location, but it was filled with terrible things and had a lot of problems. It seems like if someone can make a buck, they'll do it, even though it is at the price of sanity.

vuhelp.net said...

Nice blogger

Partywear saree said...

Came upon this site a while back, it's a greate pace for any one interested in Oceanology. Add you to my favorites. Good job, Good luck!

Lucy said...

good post, thank you for sharing !

web design burnley said...

Amazing blog! Thanks for sharing!

Global Online Shopping for Cool Gadgets from China said...

Lovely blog. Continue blogging!

Online Coaching and Training said...

I just love the way you write. Keep it up!

India Adventure Tour said...

Good luck in everything you do as well as your family. Don't give up if sometimes days are so hard or annoying. Have a strong faith.